Electric Boogaloo (George Kranz) – Din Da Da
Saturday, July 22, 2017
Friday, July 21, 2017
First, I would like to say thank you to everyone who are following my blog, have liked my pages and joined my various groups on Facebook. right now it may seem like these communities are small but hopefully they will grow large enough to help make this happen.
As of right now I can confirm that two (2) former Nickelodeon stars who love this idea and have agreed to be guests *IF* this convention can get off the ground. I can also confirm that an author and two film makers have also agreed to be guests as well giving us an updated take on the network. That leaves one guest I still need to talk to, please help me pray they say yes and that their fees are reasonable.
Also, today I spoke with two ladies in my community who had some good ideas for me which gave me an idea of who to talk to in regards to sponsorships for this event. I can’t fund it myself so I will need help with planning, execution and most of all financially.
That’s it for now, thank you for your time and for standing with the Classic Nickelodeon Fan Blog and A New Beginning For Classic Nickelodeon Yahoo email group in helping to make this happen.
To be a part of the community please visit the NickCon - The Dream Facebook Page
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
BigApple Birthday 1978
It’s Amy’s 10th birthday, is she excited? Not in the least. “It’s a bore!” she declares as she wakes up and looks at the calendar. Upon arriving downstairs, where her family is waiting with gifts and a cake, she tells them how bored she is with the whole affair.
When her parents tell her that her Aunt Lucy has a gift for her she asks, “Oh Mom, do I have to sit though that long boring bus right when I can be bored with much less trouble right here at home?” But with a little coaxing from her parents she decides that she may as well go and get it over with so off she goes. She arrives at her aunt’s apartment building and discovered that it’s unlike any apartment building she’s ever been to; it is most certainly not a bore!
The first person she meets is the wacky doorman who thinks her Aunt Lucy has been turned into a butterfly! Next is the elevator man, the wacky picknickers, then Little Bo Peep? Old King Cole? “You mean, you’re all characters from fairy tales?” She asks. “Of course, isn’t everybody?” Sleeping Beauty asks with a yawn.
As the characters begin to tell how their average everyday lives changed from humdrum to exciting something begins to happen to Amy. By the time she returns home her whole outlook on life has changed and she can’t wait to tell her best friend who, only yesterday was boring. Before she leaves her mother brings out the gift from Aunt Lucy. What is it? I can’t tell you that, you’ll have to watch and find out for yourself 😉.
Songs include: "What a Bore!" "Look What Happened to Me" and "Feel."
Director: Nick De Noia
Writers: Lewis Carroll (novels) and David Wolf (writer)
Cast (in credits order)
Kelly Ellen Collins - Amy Patterson
Lea Collins – Mrs. Patterson (as Her Mother)
Bill Drew – The Doorman
Warren Ball – The Elevator Man
Ira Lee Collings – The Picnickers
Ronald Kienhuis – The Picnickers (as Ronny Kienhuis)
Warren Parker – The Picnickers
Anthony Ventresca – Gordon Patterson
Thomas Tierney – Mr. Patterson
Maria Malfitano – Aunt Lucy
Rep Gurst – Sleeping Beauty
Robin Black – Cinderella
John Nevitt – Little Jack Horner
Trini Alvarado – Goldilocks
Alex Paez – Aladdin
Phil Rash – Ole King Cole
Ann Nevill – Little Bo Peep
Peter Taylor – Pinocchio
Neil Cerbone – Frog
Peter G. Boynton – Frog Prince (as Peter Boynton)
K.K. Preece – Fairy Godmother
Mark Manley – The Fiddlers Three
Alan U. Schwartz – The Fiddlers Three (as Alan Schwartz)
Marcelino Sánchez – The Fiddlers Three
More Fairy Tale Folk
Craig Alfano, Kim Cahill, Kerry Finn, Linda Germer, Joy Goodson, Dawn Herbert, Bonnie Kline, Earl Aaron Levine, Kevin Lugo, Lois McGuire, Nancy Raymon, Larry McLeon, Jay May, Rene Roy, Brent Saunders, Seth Tomasini, Steven Williams
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Saturday, July 8, 2017
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
For those of us who loved Pinwheel Hocus Focus was right up our alley.
known for his puppeteering on Pinwheel Brad Williams stared as Kryspen, an apprentice wizard, who, along with his shape-shifting pet Oulak, magically traveled through time to our world from the Middle Ages.
Upon arriving in the 20th century Kryspen procures a job in a public library where he works in the film department where he would watch short videos to learn about our world.
His friends included the absent-minded Professor Rhombus played by Jim Jinkens, who was also a puppeteer on Pinwheel (he played Minus), and a young woman named Daisy, actress unknown. It should also be noted that Mr. George James (Jake from Pinwheel) wrote the theme song for Hocus Focus.
Distributed by Warner-Amex Satellite Entertainment in 1980 Hocus Focus found its home when it aired on Nickelodeon for only one season, but for those of us who remember it, it was a wonderful season. 😊
Hocus Focus early Nickelodeon TV show from 1981
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Survivor – I Can’t Hold Back
Lindsay Buckingham – Holiday Road
(National Lampoon's Vacation Edit) [GREAT ENDING!!!]
The Monkees – You Just May Be The One
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts – I Hate Myself for Loving You
Pandora – Como Una Mariposa
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Those of you who have been following my blog for a while know that every year on my birthday I pick out my favorite special deliveries and post them for my birthday. This year is no different. Hope you all enjoy some of my personal favorites. Also, just a quick note. That is NOT my birthday cake, I googled “'80's birthday cakes” and thought this looked awesome. It didn’t have a name or age so I thought it was perfect. The cake creators are Cake Central.
Starship – We Built This City
Cyndi Lauper – All Through The Night
Toto – Africa
Billy Joel – For The Longest Time
Dan Hartman (movie group The Sorels ) – I Can Dream About You
Bruce Springsteen – Glory Days
The Goodies – Funky Gibbon
Menudo – Claridad (2009)
Billy Joel – Tell Her About It
The Bangles – Manic Monday
Cirque Du Soleil – Alegria
Galileo: Dr. Who video
Selena Vive - Fotos y Recuerdos (Paulina Rubio)
The Bugaloos – "Lady, You Don't Look Eighty"
Unicorn Tales 2
Big Apple Birthday [0:21]
Alex and the Wonderful Doo-Wah Lamp [23:50]
The Magic Hat [47:17]
The Magnificent Major [1:10:51]
Fame TV Series - Season 6 Episode 22 – Of Cabbages and Kings
Saturday, June 24, 2017
Patty Smyth – The Warrior
Adam Ant – Goody Two Shoes
Bangles – Walk Like An Egyptian
Chayanne – Provcame
El DeBarge – Who's Johnny
Welcome to “In Search of Saturdays" an advertising space I’ve designed to help our members find those long-lost movies, cartoons, TV shows, toys, games and anything else that we’ve all been looking for, for a very long time.
The instructions are simple. Post your personal “looking for” list in the comments and we’ll all see if we can help you find what you’re looking for. - This will be a group effort please.
If you can’t remember the name of a show or toy that’s alright, post what you can remember and maybe someone here will be able to tell you what it is. Also, please remember that if you are listing television shows or movies please let us know if you are looking to purchase these shows or if you just want to watch them online. Then we, the members of the group, will help try to help each other and go “in search of” those items for our fellow members.
A good place to start our searches is iOffer which, in my opinion, is better than eBay b/c you can find lots of shows there that you can’t find anywhere else.
MY WANT LIST
This is a list of the Classic Nickelodeon programs that I’m looking for to purchase. Please note that I am a private collector who does not copy and resell my collection. The videos and DVDs that I collect are for my own private viewing here in my home or my Mother’s house where I originally watched them. If you have any of these and would like to sell me copies – for my private viewing – please contact me at email@example.com Also, IF YOU CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL PLEASE PUT THE NAME OF THE SHOW IN THE SUBJECT LINE. Thank you.
*** NON-VIDEO ITEMS ***
Muppets Magazine 1982
People Magazine – no date available – Marc Summers’ car accident article
Any '80’s women’s or children’s magazines
Early to Mid-1980’s TV Guides
*** REGULAR PROGRAMS ***
Kids’ Writes (other than the 6 episodes on youtube)
Nick Rocks Video to Go
Spread Your Wings
Standby...Lights! Camera! Action!
*** PINWHEEL CARTOONS ***
The Adventures of the Mole
Bunny in the Suitcase
Emily (my favorite)
The Magic Roundabout
*** SPECIAL DELIVERY ***
Beware, Beware My Beauty Fair
Clarence & The Ottaway (staring Billy Hufsey)
Kids’ Writes (have 6 episodes but would like more)
Silver City (The Righteous Apples special)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
For those who know your history she needs no introduction.
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Stray Cats – Be Bop A Lula
Fandango – Autos, Moda y Rock and Roll (video)
ABC – When Smokey Sings
John Mellencamp – Crumblin' Down
Musical Youth – Pass the Dutchie
Thursday, June 15, 2017
- (For those with on-screen search) You still search for “Pinwheel”, “The Tomorrow People”, “YCDTOTV”, “Today’s Special” and various other Classic Nick shows.
- You ever wished you could jaunt, or had any other TP special power.
- You’ve ever wanted to go to London to search for the Lab or the Tomorrow People.
- You always talk in rhyme because Muffy does.
- You know the real meaning behind “hocus pocus alamagocus”.
- You can name all, or most, of the original cast of the TP. (I can yay!)
- You know that TP is the short form for “The Tomorrow People”.
- You didn’t like the 90’s remake of the TP.
- You were disappointed when the CW version of the TP didn’t include any of the original cast, and when they did they were under different names.
- You’ve started naming your pets, or children, after Classic Nickelodeon characters.
- To this day you are still afraid to say, “I don’t know”, or “water”, and when you do you look up and duck because you think slime or water is going to fall from the sky / ceiling.
- You spend your free time searching eBay and iOffer for Classic Nick stuff. (videos, games, books, etc.)
- You did, or still, have a crush on Jeff from “Today’s Special”.
- You actually know which one is Plus and which one is Minus.
- You ever tried any of the experiments on “Mr. Wizard’s World”.
- You remember watching music videos in between each show, this was BEFORE Nick Rocks.
- (For ‘80’s fans) You remember when Nick use to show more than just those crappy cartoons all through out the 90’s.
- (For ‘90’s fans) You remember what Nickelodeon was like before it became the “SpongeBob Square Pants” network!
- You remember the “nickelodeon song” that they use to play in between shows.
- You sit around thinking of ways to update “Pinwheel”, “Today’s Special” and “YCDTOTV”.
- You’ve ever done the “Hobo Bug Giggle Dance”.
- After watching the “Pinwheel Songbook” and hearing Ebenezer sing about his “lovely weeds” you’re out and about with your Mom, or your friend, and they are looking at different plants and mention something about weed control and you break out into song…
“Weeds how I love my lovely weeds
I attend to all their needs
They’ve my buddies they’re my weeds.
Weeds when you’re troubled my heart bleeds
All my care and whoa received
When I’m caring for my weeds”
- While you’re singing this they just look at you and laugh b/c they actually know the song and know that this is nothing unusual for you. (Guess that would make them a fan too huh?)
- You have a sound box collection. (Like Jake did on “Pinwheel”.)
- You campaign to have national “Les Lye” and “Don Herbert (Mr. Wizard)” days.
- You knew that Don Herbert was Mr. Wizard’s real name.
- You still have a crush on Christine (Moose) or Kevin/Alistair from “YCDTOTV”.
- You still have, or found on eBay, a “Double Dare” NES game. – And still have the system to be able to play it on! (I did find it and I have played it!)
- When you saw Marc Summers on “Unwrapped” you wondered why he wasn’t behind a podium reading off questions and why no one was covered in goop.
- You’ve ever built, or still want to build, your own “Double Dare” obstacle course.
- You’ve ever walking into a café and ordered a Barth Burger.
- You’ve ever made green slime.
- Not only did you make the slime you used it on your friends, or had them use it on you.
- You campaign to have a “show and tell day” at work so that you can take in different parts of your Classic Nickelodeon collection to show them off.
- You knew when, “it was just the introduction to the opposites.”
- You’ve ever said, “Duhhh I heard that.”
- You remember, “Who got you last.”
- You remember when “Pinwheel” was lunchtime entertainment.
- You know the significance of “Dare”, “Double Dare” and the “Physical Challenge”.
- You wanted to live on your own tiny planet with a talking rose like “The Little Prince”.
- By the end of the 80’s you could name the two shows Dave Coulier was on.
- You remember when “Uncle Joey” from “Full House” hosted “Out of Control”.
- You remember when you saw Dave Coulier on “Full House” and said, “Hey that’s the guy from “Out of Control!”” (I actually did that and I know others who have done that as well.)
- Your toughest lessons as a preschooler came from “Today’s Special”.
- When you meet someone named Jeff, Jodie, Sam or even Muffy you immediately start to sing the "Today's Special" theme song in your head so that you can remember their name. (This happened to me recently and it did help!)
- You go on Facebook and search for all your favorite CN shows then join every page and fan group you can find for it.
- When you can’t find a page or group for your particular show you start your own.
- You spend hours on eBay and iOffer hunting down your favorite CN shows. (I do this.)
- When you can’t find what you want you start hunting down private collectors and buy your shows through them. (I have done this several times and it was worth it!)
- You create a list like this to celebrate in your obsession!
- You start a CN Yahoo group, website and Facebook page / group.
- You still write fan letters to your favorite CN stars.
- While watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade you start to wonder what a CN parade would look like then start designing the floats and giant balloons. (Guilty)
- Every year on Halloween you dress up like your favorite CN character / cartoon.
- To celebrate Half-O-Ween in May (like Christmas in July) you dress up like your favorite CN character / cartoon.
- You hang out at, or ride, every roller coaster named in “Wild Rides” hoping that you’ll run into Matt Dillon.
- You program your cell phone to play a different CN theme song for every person on your contact list.
-Your default ringtone on your cell phone is the theme from “Pinwheel.” (Mine actually is.)
- You wonder if Smitty is still looking for the Admiral Byrd.
- You’re still hoping that Ebeneezer will full fill his life long goal to be on the front page of the "The Daily Noodle".
- You wonder if Silas the Snail is still trying to get to the other side of the garden, or if he’s ever going to make it to the snail convention.
- When you see the (then new) Energizer battery commercial it reminds you of the “Livewire” opening credits.
-You are friends with several CN stars.
-Someone asks if they can interview you for a new Nickelodeon documentary which will look back on the history of Nickelodeon. (I blogged about this not long ago.)
-Your playlist is filed with music from Pinwheel, Today’s Special, Black Beauty’s theme, and so forth.
**NEW** You Know Your Mom is Addicted to
Classic Nickelodeon When / If She...
-When you tell her it’s “John & Stephen’s” birthdays and she knows who you’re talking about.
-She asks you to with them happy birthday for her because she knows your friends with them on Facebook.
-She knows that a Barth burger is.
-She knows how to make REAL slime. (Not the versions they have out these days.)
-When you tell her that “Jake from Pinwheel” called you back she knows who you’re talking about and wants to hear all about it.
-She knows who Sam and Muffy are.
-On the day you’re supposed to go hang out with her she calls you and asks you to bring over Black Beauty and The Tomorrow People.
-She helps you put ideas together for your upcoming CN convention. (We’re working on it.)
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Sending out very special Happy Birthday wishes to Peter Vaughan-Clarke (Stephen) and Nicholas Young (John) from The Tomorrow People.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Thompson Twins – Hold Me Now
David Bowie – Modern Love
Madness – Our House
Georgia Satellites – Keep Your Hands To Yourself
The Hooters – And We Danced