April 24, 2013
I had no idea what to post until now so hope yall like this.
- (For those with on-screen search) You still search for “Pinwheel”, “The Tomorrow People”, “YCDTOTV”, “Today’s Special” and various other Classic Nick shows.
- You ever wished you could jaunt, or had any other TP special power.
- You’ve ever wanted to go to London to search for the Lab or the Tomorrow People.
- You always talk in rhyme because Muffy does.
- You know the real meaning behind “Hocus Pocus Alamagocus”.
- You can name all of the original cast of the TP. (I can yay!)
- You know that TP is the short form for “The Tomorrow People”.
- You didn’t like the remake version of the TP. (90’s version)
- You’ve started naming your pets, or children, after Classic Nickelodeon characters.
- To this day you are still afraid to say, “I don’t know” or “water”.
- When you do you look up and duck.
- You spend your free time searching eBay and iOffer for Classic Nick stuff. (videos, games, books, etc.)
- You did, or still, have a crush on Jeff from “Today’s Special”.
- You actually know which one is Plus and which one is Minus.
- You ever tried any of the experiments on “Mr. Wizard’s World”.
- You remember watching music videos in between each show (this was BEFORE Nick Rocks.)
- You remember when Nick use to show more than just those crappy cartoons all through out the 90’s.
- You remember the “put another nickel in, in that nickelodeon” song that they use to play in between shows.
- You sit around thinking of ways to update “Pinwheel”, “Today’s Special” and “YCDTOTV”.
- You’ve ever done the “Hobo Bug Giggle Dance”.
- After watching the “Pinwheel Songbook” and hearing Ebenezer sing about his “lovely weeds” you’re out and about with your Mom or your friend. While they are looking at different plants and mention something about weed control and you break out into song…
“Weeds how I love my lovely weeds
I attend to all their needs
They’ve my buddies they’re my weeds
Weeds when you’re troubled my heart bleeds
All my care and whoa received
When I’m caring for my weeds”
- While you’re singing this they just look at you and laugh b/c they actually know the song and know that this is nothing unusual for you. (Guess that would make them a fans too huh?)
- You have a sound box collection just like Jake did on “Pinwheel”.
- You campaign to have national Les Lye (Ross) and Don Herbert (Mr. Wizard) days.
- You knew that Don Herbert was Mr. Wizard’s real name.
- You still have a crush on Christine (Moose), or Kevin/Alistair, from “YCDTOTV”.
- You have a “Double Dare” NES game. – And still have the system to be able to play it on!!!
- When you saw Marc Summers on “Unwrapped” you wondered why he wasn’t behind a podium reading off questions and why no one was covered in goop.
- You’ve ever built your own “Double Dare” obstacle course.
- You’ve ever walking into a café and ordered a Barth Burger.
- You’ve ever made green slime.
- You actually used it on your friends.
- You campaign to have “show and tell” day at work so that you can take in different parts of your Classic Nickelodeon collection and “show and tell” about them.
- You knew when, “it was just the introduction to the opposites.”
- You’ve ever said, “Duhhh I heard that.”
- You remember, “Who got you last.”
- You remember when “Pinwheel” was lunchtime entertainment.
- You know the significance of “Dare”, “Double Dare” and the “Physical Challenge”.
- You wanted to live on your own tiny planet with a talking rose like “The Little Prince”.
- By the end of the 80’s you could name the two shows Dave Coulier was on.
- You remember when you saw Dave Coulier on “Full House” and said, “Hey that’s the guy from “Out of Control!”” (I actually did that.)
- Your toughest lessons as a preschooler came from “Today’s Special”.
- When you meet someone named Jeff, Jodie, Sam or even Muffy you immediately start to sing the "Today's Special" theme song in your head so that you can remember their name. (This happened to me recently and it did help!)
- You go on Facebook and search for all your favorite CN shows then join every page and fan group you can find for it.
- When you can’t find a page or group for your particular show you start your own.
- You spend hours on eBay and iOffer hunting down your favorite CN shows.
- When you can’t find what you want you start hunting down private collectors and buy your shows through them. (I have done this several times and it was worth it!)
- You create a list like this to celebrate in your obsession!
- You start a CN Yahoo group, website and Facebook page / group, etc.
- You still write fan letters to your favorite CN stars.
- While watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade you start to wonder what a CN parade would look like then start designing the floats and giant balloons. (Guilty)
- Every year on Halloween you dress up like your favorite CN character / cartoon.
- To celebrate Half-O-Ween in May (like Christmas in July) you dress up like your favorite CN character / cartoon.
- You hang out at or ride every roller coaster named in “Wild Rides” hoping that you’ll run into Matt Dillon.
- You program your cell phone to play a different CN theme song for every person on your contact list.
- You wonder if Smitty is still looking for the Admiral Byrd.
- You’re still hoping that Ebeneezer will full fill his life long goal to be on the front page of the "The Daily Noodle".
- If you’ve ever sat and wondered if Silas the Snail is still trying to get to the other side of the garden, or if he’s ever going to make it to the snails' convention.
- When you see the new Energizer battery commercial it reminds you of the “Livewire” opening credits.
- You stayed home to mourn the deaths of Don Hebert (Mr. Wizard) and Les Lyle
(You Can't Do That On Television).
- You're still sending in your submissions to Kids Writes.
- You often wonder if Plus and Minus ever finished their game of "Gotcha Last".