Saturday, September 29, 2018

Member In Search Of


Recently I received an email from Joe asking about a Special Delivery that ran somewhere between 1990-1993. After reading his email this did not sound familiar to me so I’m posting his email here to my blog in hopes that someone will recognize the description of this film and be able to help him out with a title, or possibly even a video on YouTube. If you have any information on the name of this film, please post the information in the comments or contact me directly and I will make sure he gets your message.


Joe D.
Sat 9/15/2018, 11:44 PM

Hello, cool blog.

Do you remember the Nickelodeon special delivery movie about the kids who were away at a prep school or orchestra camp? This played on Sunday afternoon, it was a full length movie, maybe and hour or so long, it would have been around 1990 - 93

The school or the camp itself was very ivy league looking and the children all played in an orchestra.

I think the plot was one student was selected to compose a classical orchestra song, or maybe he found an old song that was known for being difficult and the whole movie was about all the adults and teachers telling him the song was too hard to play, but the class kept trying to learn to play it, and it sounding horrible for a while, but in the end they played it perfectly in a concert for thier parents, and the player who everyone thought was the worst ended up doing really well in a violin solo, then they played the same song through the credits?

I would like to hear that song again, it was very regal sounding. I think the movie itself may have been called " My master and I".

Anyone knows what I'm talking about please let me know.


Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment