Tuesday, December 15, 2020

End of an Era

 


For those of you who have never heard the story of how this blog came to be, well, it all started with a Yahoo Group called, “A New Beginning For Classic Nickelodeon.” That is also the same name that I have used for my Facebook group(s).

Back somewhere between 2000 and 2005 I was getting very nostalgic for the programs I grew up watching and in the ‘80’s and Nickelodeon was a huge part of my life, one of my favorite shows, along with “Fame,” was, “The Tomorrow People.”

After doing some research I discovered that there was still a huge community of people out there who, not only remembered The Tomorrow People, but who still loved them and met with the cast on a fairly regular basis. I also found out about a TP email group which I joined. Through that group I met my (then) friend Scott and after many, many phone calls in which we talked about ‘80’s Nickelodeon we decided to stary a Yahoo Group called, “A New Beginning For Classic Nickelodeon.”

The group caught on and we ended up with 68 members and it was so much fun. After about a year Scott got busy with his life and was thinking about closing the group. We talked for a while and I told him that I didn’t want to close the group, I wanted to keep going so he stepped down as co-ower and I took over the group full time and he became the head Moderator.

After another year I decided that there had to be away of gaining a bigger audience and I started looking around for a blog space and found Blog Spot and I was off to the races. Fast forward to today, Tuesday, December 15, 2020, today is the day that Yahoo has decided to close their Yahoo groups. (Just like they’ve closed everything else over the years!)

So, after thirteen years and many, many posts my Yahoo group is now closed and I’m very sad. Yes, I realize that email groups are old fashioned and that I was the only one still posting to it but still, that as were I got my start and it’s very sad.

If any of you were ever in that email group, thank you. And to those of you who have been supporting this blog for any length of time, thank you. My blog has grown and changed over the years and all of you have come with me on this amazing journey and I am very grateful.

 

Much Love to All of You,

Peggy Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment