Thursday, January 13, 2011

House of Anubis – My Review



First I’d like to start off by apologizing for taking so long to get this posted, I actually missed the initial airing of the premier on the first (I was so tired that I fell asleep and missed it!) But thankfully Monday the 10th and Tuesday 11th they re-aired the premier episodes so I was able to watch it from the beginning despite having missed it yesterday. (Wasn’t my fault, had to take my Mom to get her eyes examined and thank you Jesus that it wasn’t cataracts as the first doctor had told her it was.)

Anyway…the show really is as good as I thought it would be, it really is like the old Third Eye episodes that use to air back in the day and since I have all four of the original titles and watched them last year I should know what I’m talking about. Heck, I’ve even got my Mom hooked on it and she said exactly the same thing.

It’s mysterious and a little bit creepy and it really does keep you guessing as to what’s going to happen next. The acting…it is a little flimsy but the fact that it’s so well written really makes up for that. The ONLY thing I don’t like about the show is all that teenage romance garbage. I think Alfie and Amber are totally useless and do nothing to move the story along but then as I said I missed it yesterday and from the description Amber had a big part in discovering one of the clues so perhaps I should hold off judgment on her.

As of right now I think Patricia if my favorite character, she’s passionate and driven to find out that has happened to Joy which I really like however I do think that if she would just give Nina (the American girl right?) half a chance I think she’d find out a lot faster since I think that the two stories will eventually come together.

The commercials for the show are really good, they really make you want to tune in and find out what’s happening next time and the fact that you can follow along online is pretty cool however I do not. Yea, I’ve just got too much going on as always, plus it’s more fun to just watch every night and find out. But while I’m watching it I can’t help but think about The Sarah Jane Adventures and H2O: Just Add Water since I had mentioned once before that they also reminded me of The Third Eye as well and it make me wonder what other show could be added to these three to have the four story arches like in the old days. Anyone have any ideas?

Everyone take care, thank you for reading and if you happen to have Facebook you can now follow this blog though NetworkedBlogs as well.

2 comments:

  1. i loved this show and was the original version British or Dutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Wikipedia - House of Anubis is a teen mystery comedy-drama soap series based on the Belgian/Dutch series Het Huis Anubis. The series was created by Hans Bourlon & Gert Verhulst and premiered on Nickelodeon on 1 January 2011, in the United States.

    ReplyDelete