Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Classic Nick Wed. – Letter to Mr. Mairs


Classic Nick Wed. – Letter to Mr. Mairs
February 20, 2013

As all of you know I wasn’t able to think of anything to do for today until I read a comment to my Nickelodeon Blog about the show “Kids’ Writes”. So I’m pulling out email that I wrote to Jim Mairs, owner of Kids’ Writes, for you. (This is the only thing I can think of to post today.)

(Old blog post revamped for today.)

Anyone who really knows me knows that I LOVE Classic Nickelodeon programs and have a growing collection of them. But there's one show called “Kids' Writes” that I've never been able to find ANYWHERE, not even from private collectors. So anyway I'm online looking around for more show links and low and behold I find the website of the OWNER of Kids' Writes with an email address and I thought well why not?

That was around the beginning of June of 2007; since I hadn't heard from him I emailed him again with the same exact letter and...HE WROTE ME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the letter I wrote to him then below is his answer to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peggy Sue
To: Jim Mairs
Sent: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:19 am
Subject: Kids' Writes

Dear Mr. Mairs,
My name is Peggy Sue Clay and I represent a group called “A New Beginning for Classic Nickelodeon” and we are dedicated to the preservation of Classic Nickelodeon.

The reason for my letter is that I / we were wondering if Kids' Writes was available to download online or if by any chance are there videos / DVDs available?

Our group is small right now but the members that I have spoken to have very fond memories of the show and we'd love to see it on DVD someday [soon]. In fact I have two cassette tapes of the show [cept right now I can only find one b/c of my recent move] and I listen to it often wishing that we had had a VCR back then.

The stories I remember best are “Eddie's Disco Bar”, “Noisemaker Lane”, “Monkey Shines” and of course the theme song. I always wanted to write in but never knew what to write about and now I'm a writer, go figure. *lol*

I was also wondering if there is an official website for the show or any of the other cast members and what is everyone doing these days? Have you ever thought about putting the show back on the air either on Nickelodeon or perhaps on another channel? (Just a note, if you choose the second option could you please make sure that it's a channel that Cable One carries otherwise I'd never get to see it.)

Well I suppose that's about it for now, I'm enclosing the link to our group's website. I know that you're very busy but if you have a chance to stop by we'd all very much love to hear from you and I know they would all have even more questions for you that I've asked. I'm also enclosing the link to my “Kids' Writes” page from my website for you to see but mostly this letter was to tell you how much I personally loved your show and I honestly think it is what helped me to become a writer today. I'm not published or anything (yet *crosses fingers*) but perhaps one day I will be but for now I, and my friends, just enjoy my stories.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.


http://www.geocities.com/theicequeen500@swbell.net/Kids_Writes1.html (ß This is now an inactive link)


Respectfully,
Peggy Sue Clay,
Moderator for A New Beginning for Classic Nickelodeon

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

From: Jim Mairs
Sent: Tue 6/05/07 4:17 PM
To: peggysueclay@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Kids' Writes

Hello Peggy Sue. Sorry I haven't written sooner. I'm afraid there are not any downloads or DVDs of Kids' Writes at this time. However maybe later this this. (I'm guessing he ment to say at this time.) It was really nice to get your email and hear from someone who enjoyed the program as much as we did making it. I am forwarding your note to all to pass on the good memory. It's quite awhile since Eddie's Disco Bar ran through my head and made me laugh. I'll be smiling all day. Good luck with your site and I will let you know if and when DVDs are made. Thanks again for your kind words, I'm glad to know the shows were fun and memorable to you. Jm

No comments:

Post a Comment