Monday, January 9, 2017

Show Title Needed – Pinwheel Cartoon


Recently I received this email from a gentlemen looking for the title of a Pinwheel Cartoon. Here is his original email as well as a video his brother found of this animated short. What he’s looking for is the name of this particular cartoon so I’m posting his email here along with the video in hopes that someone can help him out.



Subject: Pinwheel short cartoon
From: Ed
Date: Fri 1/6/2017 6:49 AM
To: peggysueclay@hotmail.com

Peggy, I stumbled upon your blog which is where I got your email. I saw your interest in classic Nickelodeon. On the show pinwheel was a short cartoon featuring an elephant that was a painting artist. There was a black ink/paint spot that came to life and would cause all sorts of mischief. I have not been able to find a name for this cartoon or and video. Would you have a recollection of this cartoon short or am I just going to have to give up my search?


Re: Pinwheel short cartoon
From: Ed
Date: Sun 1/8/2017 7:04 AM
To: Peggy Sue Clay (peggysueclay@hotmail.com)

Peggy! Thank you for getting back to me. I was talking to my brother about this because he remembers the cartoon short as well. He found this on YouTube




92 minutes in is the elephant painting a tuba and the ink splotch being all mischievous. Still have no idea what the cartoon was called but would love to find out more about it. I wonder if there is an archive of this particular cartoon. If only I knew what it was called?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I wish I could help you here, it's certainly looks very European at least. The problem many of us have had is in how Pinwheel never disclose any information pertaining to titles or who produced the pieces shown on there.

    I do recall another episode of sorts featuring the same elephant character that had him going to a beach or swimming pool and lost his swim trunks in the water, whilst being completely embarrassed about being 'naked' in that typical cartoony way!

    ReplyDelete