Monday, May 16, 2011

Mini Fan Meet?



BREAKING NEWS – Official Date is July 1-3, 2011, mark your calendars!!!

Since the last two fan meets have fallen though I’ve been discouraged thinking that it will never happen but maybe that’s not necessarily the case.

As you all know I live in Altus, OK and I have a friend who lives in Chickasha, OK, which is about three hours from me. We started talking the other day on Yahoo Messenger and thought that instead of a big huge proper fan meet like I was planning what about if we started A LOT smaller so here’s what we came up with.

Hold a “mini fan meet”, as we’re calling it, in Lawton, OK and just have it at a hotel room instead of like a proper banquette room. Everyone can just get their own room (downstairs if possible, I love yall but I have a very bad back and I don’t want to have to climb stairs for two days), she’s bringing a VCR/DVD player and I’m bringing the videos and DVDs and we’ll all just hang out in someone’s room and watch the old shows together. That way there’s no cost for a banquette room or tickets just the price of your room and food and we can all order pizza and I can take some microwave popcorn, someone can run to the store for soda or tea and just be very informal and hang out.

Would any of you be interested in something like that as apposed to how I was doing it before?

We’re thinking maybe towards the last weekend in July possibly the first weekend in August, still working on the dates. And if it goes well we can do that once a year or more if we get the urge and like I said this way there’s no bothering with tickets or a big banquette room we’ll all just be hanging out enjoying our beloved Classic Nickelodeon.

So what do yall think?

To the TPDIS group – technically this post does seem off topic but since it was going out to several other lists were it was “on topic” I did not put “off topic” in the subject line. Also Nickelodeon showed the OS TP from October 1981 to the mid 1980’s so for most US fans that’s how we discovered the show in the first place. Soooo, if anyone is interested in this please contact me off list or on TP6 or A New Beginning For Classic Nickelodeon email or F/B group/page. Thank you.

To House of 80’s group – This is a “Classic Nickelodeon” fan meet which is focused specifically on the 1980’s so this is on topic for this group.

To Everyone – If you would like a list of the programs that I have to take with me for us to watch please let me know and I’ll post it to the you personally or on the list of whom ever asks me.

No comments:

Post a Comment