Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year & An Announcement


Happy New Year everyone! Wow it’s 2010 can you EVEN believe it?! I know I can’t.

As the owner of “A New Beginning for Classic Nickelodeon” (Yahoo group) and one of the co-owners of “The Tomorrow People 6” (Yahoo group) I have always felt that the two groups were sister groups. It has never been spoken out loud but never the less that is how I have always felt. And I hope that the members of both of these groups have felt the same way.

Then about a week or so ago I was talking to my friend Grant about the fan meet and Yahoo groups and he told me about his Yahoo group “The Mysterious Cities of Gold”. He then suggested that our groups become sister groups. He also thought that if our two groups could join with a third group that between the three we could all feed off each other and become not only active groups but thriving groups with “A New Beginning” leading the charge so to speak.

I of course loved the idea and I am very happy to officially announce the sistering of “A New Beginning for Classic Nickelodeon” and “The Tomorrow People 6” with “The Mysterious Cities of Gold” Yahoo group.

What does that mean?
Well, simply that means that any time I have a post about a specific group show or Nickelodeon in general then I will be free to cross-post those emails to all three groups.

Also when I have a post about our upcoming fan meet or when I post a new blog on the “Classic Nickelodeon Fan Blog” then I will do a cross post to all three groups.

It also means that (about) once a month that all members from all three groups will be sent a personal invitation to join the other two groups.

– On that note, I will do my best to keep track of who is in which groups so that you do not receive an invitation to a group that you are already in. –

Why sister the groups?
The purpose of sistering the groups is to generate conversations, increase memberships, to have fun and to stand together as strong supporters of both the individual show groups and Classic Nickelodeon as a whole.

I feel confident in speaking for both Sue and Grant when I say that as group owners we would like to see our individual groups grow in numbers but what good are numbers if no one is posting anything?

For the most part our groups are fairly quiet so by joining forces we will (hopefully) be able to generate interest in two specific TV shows, namely “The Tomorrow People” and “The Mysterious Cities of Gold”, as well as introduce the members of the these groups to shows they may not have heard of; specifically the Nickelodeon programs from the 1980’s.

Fan Meet Support
As I’ve mentioned before I have been planning a Classic Nickelodeon Fan Meet for about a year now. Originally the meet was to be held from July 31 – Aug. 2,2009 but due to a lack of participation (and unforeseen circumstances) I was forced to cancel it. Needless to say this broke my heart, especially since we were scheduled to have a special guest. Actor Marty Schiff who played “Hern Burferd” on “Out of Control” along side a then unknown Dave Coulier who later became known for portraying “Uncle Joey” on “Full House.”

When I broke the news to Marty he was very gracious and told me that when I reset the date for the fan meet to let him know so that both he and Dave could make arrangement to attend.

So needless to say that I am very excited to see this fan meet get up and running and then to make them an annual event. But to do that I need help from you personally. Yes, you, the person reading this email.

I am only one person and I can plan till the cows come home but it won’t do any good if no one shows up, so you can help by getting involved. Ask questions, make suggestions, buy a ticket and just get involved. I can’t do this by myself, in fact I don’t even know what I’m doing I’m just doing it.
The bottom line to this whole long blog is that the joining of these groups will be good for all of us so let's join together and have some fun this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment