Tuesday, February 6, 2018

NickCon 2019 Update

For me this has been a VERY, VERY long road but it will be well worth it when we are finally able to bring my dream into fruition. Now, with that, I have bad news, and then I have better news so here we go.

When we last saw our heroin she has just missed a call from her contact at Nickelodeon legal department. Not being discouraged she (I) called back the next day and…got a busy signal. Naturally. But the woman called me back and said that Nickelodeon does not endorse fan gatherings of any kind therefore they will not allow us to use the Double Dare set for our NickCon event. Very sad indeed. For as big as they are you’d think that they would be happy that SOMEONE out there in the world remembers them before they were even Nickelodeon, and they said they did but still won’t let us use the Double Dare set.

My next question to her was, do you have a problem if we asked Marc Summers to come down by himself without the Double Dare set? She said that he was free to make that decision on his own but still they will not endorse our event.

When I contacted Mr. Bush, President of the Altus Chamber of Commerce with that news he too was discouraged however after a few emails we have decided that we do not want this event to die off just because Nickelodeon will not support us. He also said that he is going to start looking at upcoming dates and locations for the event!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are approaching the fuse! – In other words, we are about to take our first steps to really getting this thing off the ground!

Now, before we all go running around like chickens with our heads cut off in sheer joy (and for me that’s very hard right now) let’s take a moment to breath. There is still a lot of work to be done and I have not asked Marc if he would be like to, or if he would be available to, come because I wanted to talk to Brian (Bush) about it first.


At the moment of this posting the following guests have agreed to attend, they are just waiting on dates:



Marty Schiff, Out of Control
George James, Pinwheel
Patricia, from Old School Lane
Scott and Adam, from The Orange Years (hopefully they will be available)
Matthew Klickstein (hopefully he will be available)











Other guests are being discussed but we will have to wait and see.

So, for now, that’s what’s going on. Needless to say, I am very excited but I’m still trying to keep my head glued on. I’m very happy and thankful to Brian for sitting down with me and listening to this idea and I’m very thankful to have him helping me with it. If any of you would like to thank him, please post your comments and I will make sure that he sees them.


Again, say a prayer for us and let’s do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment